Welcome to Histoky!
My name is Dustin Jeffery and I’m a lifelong hockey fan from Calgary.
I grew up playing hockey. All types: ice hockey, table hockey, floor hockey, bubble hockey, ball hockey, shinny.
I even coached a bit (as a kid). I’ve also watched a lot of hockey.
In terms of watching hockey, I’ve provided a list of my favourite and most disappointing hockey moments. (You will notice I am a Calgary Flames and Team Canada fan!).
Here is a list of my favourite hockey moments:
- Team Canada’s Gold Medal victory at the 2010 Winter Olympics. It was the first time that Sidney Crosby scored in overtime, and helped to bring home a gold medal for Canada.
- Jarome Iginla’s overtime goal against the Detroit Red Wings in game 5 of the 2004 Western Conference Finals. This was a game that went into triple overtime and ultimately led to the Flames making it to the Stanley Cup Final.
- Al MacInnis’ goal against Wayne Gretzky in 1989. This was not only a great moment because it was an amazing goal, but also because it showed how great Gretzky really was when he came back after this moment and made an equally amazing pass to score a goal himself.
- Game 7 of the 2004 Stanley Cup Final. The Calgary Flames were playing Tampa Bay Lightning, and it was an incredibly exciting game that unfortunately did not end in favour of the Flames.
- The “Miracle on Ice” by USA Hockey in 1980. This was one of hockey’s greatest moments where the underdogs prevailed against all odds and beat their toughest competitor, Russia.